We do not have a shelter in Tokyo, so all of our animals are in foster care in Tokyo and Kanagawa. Volunteer activities in Tokyo are divided into two categories – fostering and event volunteers.
Operating hours: 10:00 – 19:00
- Will I walk dogs and help socialize cats
- Because we do not have a shelter, our animals are in foster care, so the best chance to spend time with them is at adoption fairs.
- How can I help at adoption fairs and other events?
- We hold adoption fairs 2 to 3 times per month and events at schools and other facilities. Most adoption fairs are in Tokyo (Jingumae, Shakujii Koen or Komazawa). Most voluntary work involves helping us set up and pack up, selling goods, distributing pamphlets and talking with our guests. We ask that volunteers familiarize themselves with the animals’ profiles, especially when helping at adoption fairs. We hope volunteers can enjoy helping our animals find new homes by helping us at these events.
- Do I need to be fluent in Japanese?
- While we welcome bi-lingual and multi-lingual volunteers, this is not a requirement.
- What should I wear? Do I need to bring anything?
- Please wear comfortable, washable clothing. Shoes should be flat-heeled. You do not need to bring anything.
- What else can I do to help?
- We also sometimes need the help of translators and event planners.