【Thank you!】Doggy Day Trip to Koma, Saitama Supported by AWT
Doggy Day Trip to Koma, Saitama (from Tokyo) – Supported by AWT
On Sunday, October 16th, we invite you (and your furry friends) to join us to escape city life for the day!
Meeting at Ikebukuro station, we will catch the train to Koma, Saitama, at the foothills of the Chichibu mountains. There, a special organic lunch will be provided by Alishan Café, followed by free-time to relax or explore the countryside. This beautiful area is surrounded by meadows, a river, and mountains.
Not only will this be a fun day trip for humans and dogs alike, but it is also for a good cause! 15% of the participation fee will be donated to ARK.
Everyone is welcome to join, with or without a furry friend!
※Animal Walk Tokyo was formed in 2010 by a small group of people living in Tokyo with a drive for helping the animals around us. Each person involved had a passion for contributing, but not one of us was able to find information in English on how to do so without adopting or fostering.
Date: Sunday, October 16th
Time: Registration from 9:45am – 10am (Please don’t be late!) / Arrive back at Ikebukuro station around 5:30pm
Where: Meet at Ikebukuro Station – Seibu Line East Exit by TOMONI (across the road from Don Quijote)
*Please see photo posted on the FB event page of meeting place (and look out for the volunteers wearing bright blue AWT t-shirts!)
Includes travel, lunch, a goody bag containing a 2017 ARK wall-calendar, door prize ticket – small novelty prizes up for grabs, and a 15% donation to ARK
*A 500yen discount will be given to participants with rescue dogs or to participants with membership of a Japan-based animal shelter – Please present the printable voucher posted on the FB event page at registration on the day along with evidence (e.g. adoption certificate or membership card) to receive your discount*
—- NOTES —-
1. There is a limit of 30 participants for this very special event. Therefore, please only click “going” on Facebook Page if you are committed to attending.
2. For cancellations after Wednesday, October 12th, the full participation fee will still be charged.
3. After clicking “going”, please leave a comment stating whether you would prefer curry or donburi for lunch.
4. Please ensure that your dog is kept in a crate or bag for travelling, and is on a lead when not in a crate or bag. *Please note that the train journey takes approximately 1 hour so please ensure that your pet is comfortable in his/her crate or bag.
5. Please ensure that you bring drinking water for your pet (although some bowls of drinking water will also be prepared by Alishan and water bottles can be filled up there too).
6. All participants must submit a waiver form to take part in this event –